The following personnel are eligible to participlate (in order of priority):
- Marine Corps captains (unrestricted, limited duty, and select)
- Marine Corps chief warrant officer (CWO) 3s and CWO3-selects
- International officers
- Government civilians (GS-12 equivalent and above)
If space is available:
- Marine Corps first lieutenants and CWO2s (This excludes the blended seminar program.)
- Sister service captains/lieutenants (O-3s) (This excludes the blended seminar program.)
- Marine Corps staff noncommissioned officers (SNCOs) of grade E-7 through E-9 with an approved waiver request
CDET's regional offices work with each student to determine a schedule that best fits their educational goals and the constraints of their personal time. At the end of a program's enrollment period, the regional office for each region creates a set of seminar schedules to accomodate the students as much as possible while meeting the requirements of the seminar. This ensures that each seminar has an appropriate class size and a variety of MOSs to encourage discussion and interaction.
Four types of seminar schedules are offered: weekday, weekend, online, and the blended seminar program. Online portions of seminars are done via Moodle.
Weekday, Weekend, and Online
Weekday, weekend, and online schedules are designed to deliver the entire curriculum in two academic years.