The School of Advanced Warfighting (SAW) develops lead planners and future commanders with the will and intellect to solve complex problems, employ operational art, and design/execute campaigns in order to enhance the Marine Corps’ ability to prepare for and fight wars.
- Formulate solutions to complex problems and apply operational art in an uncertain geostrategic security environment.
- Employ knowledge of the operational level of war, the art of command, and ethical behavior in warfighting.
- Quickly and critically assess a situation, determine the essence of a problem, fashion a suitable response, and concisely communicate the conclusion in oral and written forms.
- Demonstrate the competence, confidence, character, and creativity required to plan, lead, and command at high level service, joint, and combined headquarters.
- Design and plan adaptive concepts to meet current and future challenges.