CDET provides qualified and selected staff noncommissioned officers the opportunity to participate in the Expeditionary Warfare School or Command and Staff College distance education programs (DEPs).
To obtain a waiver request, contact your local regional office. Note that waiver approval is not a guarantee of enrollment in a seminar, and that participation is on a space-available basis.
Marine Corps SNCOs of grade E-7 through E-9 who are PME complete are eligible to request a waiver for enrollment in the Expeditionary Warfare School DEP.
Marine Corps SNCOs of grade E-8 and E-9 who are PME complete are eligible to request a waiver for enrollment in the Command and Staff College DEP.
SNCOs are not eligible to enroll in online seminars.
Submission of a waiver request requires the following:
- basic personal information
- a writing sample providing your rationale for requesting to take the desired program
- short essay answers to two questions
- your commanding officer's endorsement verifying that you have satisfied all required PME for grade and including the commander's assessment of your ability and availability to successfully complete the program
- the regional director's endorsement that provides a review of your waiver request package and a certification that you understand the educational expectations and time requirements of the program
- To participate, you must have a computer with internet access.
- Participation is on a space-available basis. Priority of SNCO enrollment goes to ground combat, logistics operations, and tactical air command and control operations billets and/or military occupational specialties.
- The CDET registrar will notify you and the regional director of the waiver results. You must notify your commanding officer of the waiver results.
- Blended seminar programs are only offered at selected regional campuses.