CDET provides qualified and selected staff noncommissioned officers the opportunity to participate in the Expeditionary Warfare School or Command and Staff College distance education programs (DEPs) and blended seminar programs (BSPs).
To obtain a waiver request, contact your local regional office. Note that waiver approval is not a guarantee of enrollment in a seminar, and that participation is on a space-available basis.
Expeditionary Warfare School:
- Marine Corps CWO2s who are PME complete are eligible to request a waiver for enrollment in the Expeditionary Warfare School BSP.
- Marine Corps SNCOs of grade E-7 through E-9 who are PME complete are eligible to request a waiver for enrollment in the Expeditionary Warfare School DEP or BSP.
Command and Staff College:
- Marine Corps SNCOs of grade E-8 and E-9 who are PME complete are eligible to request a waiver for enrollment in the Command and Staff College DEP or BSP.
Marine Corps SNCOs are eligible to enroll in onsite seminars only.
Submission of a waiver request requires:
- Basic personal information;
- A writing sample providing your rationale for requesting to take the desired program;
- Short essay answers to two questions;
- Your commanding officer's endorsement verifying that you have satisfied all required PME for grade and including the commander's assessment of your ability and availability to successfully complete the program; and
- The regional director's endorsement that provides a review of your waiver request package and a certification that you understand the educational expectations and time requirements of the program
- You must have a computer with internet access.
- Priority of SNCO enrollment goes to ground combat, logistics operations, and tactical air command and control operations billets and/or military occupational specialties.
- The CDET registrar will notify you and the regional director of the waiver results. You must notify your commanding officer of the waiver results.
- Blended seminar programs are only offered at selected regional campuses.