vol. 4, Winter 2023/24
Brute Krulak Center of Innovation and Future Warfare
ABOUT THE BOOK
Destination Unknown, volume IV, continues the series’ tradition of using military writers and artists to generate new ideas on national security and military strategy through graphical representation. This is an educational project “by the warfighter for the warfighter” in every regard. Behind the scenes, the journey in making this graphic novel is as important as the unique military stories being told. The stories within this volume go right at the operational and strategic questions that the Marine Corps is wrestling with today, and they illustrate today’s Marines and their partners in the U.S. Department of Defense and beyond preparing imaginative solutions to tomorrow’s problems.
ABOUT THE BRUTE KRULAK CENTER OF INNOVATION AND FUTURE WARFARE
Inspired by its namesake, the Brute Krulak Center for Innovation and Future Warfare enables an interdisciplinary approach to complex problem solving, fosters an environment that enhances our collective warfighting capability, and facilitates and encourages novel solutions to current and future warfighting challenges in order to expand the Corps’ competitive edge and improve our warfighting effectiveness.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Letters From the Editors
1. No Limits: Marine Expeditionary Space Unit Story and illustrations by Maj Philippe I. Rodriguez;
Color work by Maj Scott Richards
2. Reckless Story by LtCol Brian Kerg; Illustrations by Zoe Kerg
3. The Key to the World Story by GySgt Chase McGrorty-Hunter; Illustrations by Daniel Donnelly
4. Big Trouble in the Little Horn of Africa Story by LtCol Wes Faulk and LtCol Tyler Quinn;
Illustrations by Maj Scott Richards
5. Zulu Force Story by LtCol Manuel Zepeda; Illustrations by Maj Stan Zivanovich
Meet the Team